TUSTIN, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Toshiba ultrasound systems put customers first with a worry-free experience, resulting in a 10 percent growth in its U.S. ultrasound business in 2013. According to Klein Biomedical Consultants, Inc.’s industry report published in April, Toshiba vastly outpaced the U.S. industry’s nearly 3 percent growth. Toshiba’s best-selling product, the AplioTM 500, was partially responsible for the company’s strong showing in the ultrasound radiology market, where its overall product revenues increased by 13 percent compared with 2012.
“Toshiba’s entire ultrasound product lineup has been engineered for this new environment and offers user-friendly, versatile systems to help clinicians focus on what they do best: providing quality patient care.”
“Toshiba’s ultrasound business continued its momentum in 2013, beating the industry overall in the important radiology sector,” said Harvey Klein, Ph.D., Klein Biomedical Consultants, Inc. “As a testament to its product lineup and corporate strength, Toshiba also improved four points in Klein’s competitive assessment of ultrasound manufacturers. This measure assesses a company’s competitiveness within a market based on 31 different criteria, including company reputation, financial condition, products, marketing and service.”
“The role of ultrasound is becoming more important as healthcare reform changes how providers deliver care,” said Tomohiro Hasegawa, director, Ultrasound Business Unit, Toshiba. “Toshiba’s entire ultrasound product lineup has been engineered for this new environment and offers user-friendly, versatile systems to help clinicians focus on what they do best: providing quality patient care.”
About Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc.
With headquarters in Tustin, Calif., Toshiba America Medical Systems (TAMS) markets, sells, distributes and services radiology and cardiovascular systems, including CT, MR, ultrasound, X-ray and cardiovascular equipment, and coordinates clinical diagnostic imaging research for all modalities in the United States. For more information, visit the TAMS website at www.medical.toshiba.com.
About Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation
Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation is a leading worldwide provider of medical diagnostic imaging systems and comprehensive medical solutions, such as CT, X-ray and vascular, ultrasound, nuclear medicine and MRI systems, as well as information systems for medical institutions. Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation has been providing medical products for over 80 years. Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Toshiba. Visit Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation’s website at www.toshibamedicalsystems.com.
Toshiba is a world-leading diversified manufacturer, solutions provider and marketer of advanced electronic and electrical products and systems. Toshiba Group brings innovation and imagination to a wide range of businesses: digital products, including LCD TVs, notebook PCs, retail solutions and MFPs; electronic devices, including semiconductors, storage products and materials; industrial and social infrastructure systems, including power generation systems, smart community solutions, medical systems and escalators & elevators; and home appliances.
Toshiba was founded in 1875, and today operates a global network of more than 590 consolidated companies, with 206,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing 5.8 trillion yen (US$61 billion). Visit Toshiba’s website at www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.